Invested in community
Invested in family
Invested in business
Invested in education
Invested in the future
I am invested in Red Deer
I will add my passion, devotion and drive to yours in order to move forward, growing Red Deer for the better. My commitment to you is to use my professional background and experiences for a strong and vibrant community.
We all know what a challenge COVID has been for each and every one of us. However, throughout this time, I have also been able to identify and take opportunities to help with our recovery, and to deal with future challenges.
As your elected representative, I understand how important it is to continue to fight for the quality of City services you have come to expect and deserve. With strong leadership, we can address the impact of economic decline and the global pandemic. Having lived in this community my entire life, I understand the pressures we share.
Please Re-elect me for Red Deer City Council on October 18th.
Your well being and prosperity is my number one priority.
I will deal with priorities that matter to you. I will listen to the diverse voices in Red Deer to deliver quality services and value for taxes.
A safe city
I believe in supporting an environment that protects people and allows individuals to be healthy and thrive.
Responsive City departments
As one of Red Deer’s largest employers I will strive to provide excellent customer service and ensure a timely response to citizen concerns.
The City moves forward when we continue to grow business and support our economic development. Attracting new investment and increasing employment opportunities will be critical for me.
There are many times where we need to work with other Cities, Provincial or Federal governments. I have built a strong network in order to deal with initiatives such as an expanded hospital setting, a new courthouse, a polytechnic institution, or our Natural Gas buses.
I will work hard for you as we move forward together.
Council committee and community Board work:
- Municipal Planning Commission
- Audit Committee
- Bridges Community Living Board
- Downtown Business Association
- Central Alberta Economic Partnership
- Community Housing Advisory Board
- Emergency Management Committee
- Environmental Advisory Committee
- Family and Community Support Services
- Governance and Policy Committee
- Library Board
- Regional Collaboration Committee
Achievements during the last council term
- Since becoming a Councillor, I have sat on almost every Council advisory committee and numerous organizational Boards. I have also sat as a Director for the Federation of Canadian Municipalities.
- Focused on the “Leading Forward” economic incentive program to increase vibrancy and create economic benefits for the entire City.
- Helped to bring a 38 million dollar residential development into Capstone.
- Being past Board Chair of Red Deer Public Schools I continue to engage with our students and youth attending events from kindergarten to Red Deer’s new Polytechnic institution.
- Attraction of major events – Canada Winter Games, Alberta Cycling Tour, Canadian Finals Rodeo, World Juniors Hockey Tournament, Pickleball Canada National 2021
- Trimmed millions of dollars from public transit as well as the introduction of on demand service.
- Successfully advocated for the Justice Centre & Courthouse, the hospital expansion and the recently announced therapeutic treatment site.
- Worked with our seniors community to have a new 100 unit nursing home (Crimson Villas) constructed in 2021. This will replace the Piper Creek Lodge which was built in 1956.
I am excited to serve you!
- My wife Betty, as well as my two daughters, Jessica and Brittany, were all born and raised in Red Deer
- Downtown business owner and entrepreneur
- Director – Federation of Canadian Municipalities
- President of the Red Deer & District Community Society
- Held Director of Operations role for the Jim Pattison Group, Home Depot and Eye Recommend.
- Past Board Chair for Red Deer Public Schools
Living in Red Deer my entire life has led me to cultivate a deep appreciation for this vibrant community that we call home. My community experiences have helped shape my ideas for a growing, progressive city.
As a neighbour, an involved citizen, and one of your City Councillors I am always thinking about the big picture and looking for opportunities to make Red Deer a better place to live and work.
I’m available to connect with Red Deerians over social media and in-person at the farmers’ market during the summer. I’d love to hear what’s important to you.
Please VOTE October 18th
Elections Starts October 18!